Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Star Wars Episode VII: Jump of the Shark

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... the most famous franchise in the universe had finally jumped the shark.

Just look at this:


And my reaction is something like that: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I'm not a Star Wars purist but I could never imagine that Lucas Arts could come this far. It's ok to milk your intellectual property as much as you want but this?

I mean... there must be a limit, there must be some dignity left in the heart of George Lucas. I can even come to accept Jar Jar Binks... but not this... that's too much... I can't handle it.

The clip is a livestream of the Star Wars Kinect videogame that beyond other features has a dance mode where you can performs in the role of your favourite characters of the original trilogy.

There's even Princess Leia with her slave outfit that dances the tunes of Cristina Aguilera and Britney Spears in front of Jabba the Hut... Fast forward to minute 2.00:


I guess I finally find an objective reason to be against motion controls... and to move on beyond Star Wars (yes, I know: about time!).

1 commenti: